Proposed club funds spend

What we play our games on

Proposed club funds spend

Postby Tom » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:21 pm

(1) 2 x vinyl Malifaux mats from Playmats.eu @ 29E each.

I reckon one Forest Moss and one Dark Land. One has a desert on the back and one has city streets (with no zones marked) so this gives us a wide variety of options.

(2) While we're at it, throw in some 2D terrain as it fills a hole in club collection, works in any game and is cheap. I reckon two sets, swamp and rocky ground. 8E a set. Maybe a forest set as well? I get torn between 2D representations of trees being a bit lame but 3D ones being a pain in the ass to actually place models in.

(3) Postage 15E.

Grand total 85E (93E if we get 2D forests) = approx £74 (£80).

Thoughts? If two mats are considered too much (I've no idea what the fund is) then I'll buy one for myself and split postage with the club.

Would be good to actually do this rather than just talking about it at the end of every Tuesday and not actually doing anything!
Tom
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Re: Proposed club funds spend

Postby Dave » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:25 pm

Seems reasonable to me, I leave mine at the club so 3 mats should be ample for any one night.

I know Russ was thinking of getting his own mat too so that would share the postage burden if he's still after one.
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Re: Proposed club funds spend

Postby Ray » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:20 pm

Isn't the solution to the 2d forest problem to just have a 2d area and place individually based trees onto it that you can move out the way if needed
Ray
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Return to Scenery and terrain