Titanicus Terrain

What we play our games on

Titanicus Terrain

Postby Dave » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:35 pm

Built the terrain from the GME box, it doesn’t go far once you start building upwards. I made these two buildings and had some odds and ends left over.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Re: Titanicus Terrain

Postby Dave » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:39 pm

With the spare plastic (lots of door sections not enough walls I feel) I glued it to some plasti card, was able to make a further two buildings. Some very dodgy imperial engineering in some places and the plain plasti card walls are a bit boring but does the job.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dave

Postby Brad85 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:28 pm

Awesome work
Brad85
Greater Pumpkinhead

Postby DaVinci's Cat » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:50 pm

Looking good, and understand what you mean about stuff not going very far. As always, looking forward to seeing this in the flesh.

Thinking about the shortage of suitable pieces vice the cost of GW scenery and the excess of stuff you don't generally need, one solution I toyed with a few years ago was to make a latex mould of the pieces and then resin cast as many as you want/need. I've made a few silicon moulds in the past and you'll be surprised how easy it is to do.

I'm not sure what the cost of plasticard is at the moment, but have you considered using foamboard for some of the structural sections? Saying that, is the base foamboard?

The other option might be to consider some stuff like this: https://www.thingiverse.com/BiancaW/designs There are some 6mm Epic designs in the library but the beauty of printing is you can scale as appropriate. Happy to have a chat and help out if needed.
DaVinci's Cat
Pumpkinhead

Postby Dave » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:34 am

Cheers.

I have tried making molds before but it was a long time ago and using a “cheap” kit. I think I was trying to do bits with 360 degree detail whereas these terrain bits would be much simpler given that the interior needs no detail. That said is the faff worth it? How much does the mold stuff cost? I’m hoping another £100 ish worth of the GW kit plus a half a dozen plasti card sheets and I’m done with this project (knowing what I know now the first two buildings probably would have consisted of more plasti card). That said, if you had come to me with this idea when I was building the Necromunda terrain...... :D :lol:
Dave

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:27 pm

These look like how I imagined the 40K city scape would go together. There still there if you find a quick way of completing. ;)
'Jenkins, chap with wings there...five rounds rapid.' - The Brigadier.
MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Return to Scenery and terrain