Zone Mortalis

What we play our games on

Re: Zone Mortalis

Postby DaVinci's Cat » Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:38 pm

Dave wrote:I do like that layout but it’s lacking some gaming practicality!

Fair point!

Dave wrote:. I intend to have two “blank” tiles but otherwise I’d like to add some locations of interest, something like a workshop and\or a rogue doc’s.

I'm clearly uneducated in scenery requirements for Necromunda, but if you're looking to do a rogue doc's set up (I've got Francis's place from Deadpool in mind), Mantic have got some new terrain crates coming out later this year (the kickstarter backers should be shipping in the next month or so) but the Survivors Stronghold or Bellevue Hospital might easily fit the bill.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/manticgames/terraincrate-2-crate-expectations
DaVinci's Cat
Pumpkinhead

Postby Dave » Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:39 pm

Coming back to my tiles after a long period of inactivity. My new plan is to make a board with a mix of ZM and SM tiles. I have repurposed some of the terrain from Necromunda board 2 for the first of the SM tiles (if you count the MDF walls I did when the game first came out then this is board number 4 :? )

As you can see the tiles are in various stages of completion. I built the 4 SM tiles and the Workshop tile over the last few days. The last tile will be a gang base using the gang stronghold kit.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby Tom » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:14 pm

Excellent stuff!

Though the stairs in sector 3,2 confuse me a little as to whether the walls are meant to be able to be stood or not, as they merge into the ZM tiles which had always treated walls as impassable cross sections of a roofed space.
Tom

Postby Dave » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:02 pm

The zone mortalis sets come with two options for the walls and pillars. The exposed pipe work which represents the more traditional infinitely high corridors and the 2nd option which is the walkway tops. So those stairs lead up to a walkway.

So 1,2 2,2 and 3,2 are all connected.
Dave

Postby Brad85 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:56 am

:shock: that's awesome. I did wonder if the gang base set would find it's way in.
Brad85
Greater Pumpkinhead

Postby Dave » Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:11 pm

Cheers.

If I had known all this stuff was coming (the plastic walls, stairs and tiles) I probably wouldn’t have made table 3!

I’ll make the base over the weekend, I’m thinking a fully enclosed ring that can be used by the defender for certain scenarios (I’m thinking the one where the attacker has to damage the base) but not sure.

Any ideas for a gang base set up? Could use 2 tiles if needed.
Dave

Postby Brad85 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:23 pm

I think the ring idea sounds good, could be placed central(ish) in the table and assaulted from all sides then.
Brad85
Greater Pumpkinhead

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:36 pm

I may have to tweak my mini campaign as it involves home bases, change the plans to match your lay outs when finished.
'Jenkins, chap with wings there...five rounds rapid.' - The Brigadier.
MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Dave » Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:53 pm

Finished a 3 x 3 playing area. I have some loose walls to connect the tiles to break up the fire lanes a bit. Also some scatter stuff like barrels and containers but will keep them loose rather than glue them down.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dave

Postby Brad85 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:34 pm

looks really good.
Brad85
Greater Pumpkinhead

PreviousNext

Return to Scenery and terrain