Paint

Our little corner of pride

Paint

Postby Ronq » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:29 pm

So I actually started painting some models this week! But I have discovered a slight problem. The games workshop paints that I bought 10-15 years ago have dried up, I've still got some citadel paint that my brother bought 20 years ago, and most of that is ok! Apart from some being really watery, so I have a very limited selection of bright colors, but not really anything for skin or duller colors.

So my question is, what paint are people using now? And does anyone know of any base sets that contain a good range of colors?
Attack is the secret of defense; defense is the planning of an attack.
Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Ronq
Gone But Not Forgotten

Re: Paint

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:42 pm

I'm still using original pop up GW alongside new stuff. Agree anything in the screw type lid has died years ago.

Not many do sets. I bought a black/white and flesh colour set recently with a thought to experiment.

Problem we have is locally choice is awful. There are many companies out there. Coat D'arms do the original citadel colours. Privateers range are liked by Ray. Scalecolour do the boxes I got. Vallejo have a popular range and you can get the latest GW in town. (Price not great but I can buy as soon as I run out)

Best bet would be stocking up at a trade show where you can see what colours are what.
'Jenkins, chap with wings there...five rounds rapid.' - The Brigadier.
MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:59 am

A lot of BB painters (good ones) also say the P3 range is good.
Send help - buried under my lead mountain!
Darkson (Simon)
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby nobby » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:10 pm

I use a massive mix of different paints, gw, scale-75, vallejo, tamiya, humbrol.

My favourite to use (especially their reds) is Scale-75 though. Brilliant coverage and strong bold colours.
nobby
Pumpkinhead

Postby Ray » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:46 pm

I use P3 for everything.

If you want the colours you use to still exist in a couple of years then stay away from GW. They seem to change their paint range excessively often.
Ray
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Return to Painting and Modelling