Dark Angels, the Legion so far....

Our little corner of pride

Dark Angels, the Legion so far....

Postby Dave » Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:05 pm

I bought a box of MKVI Marines just for a hobby project, I really liked the kit and diligently painted up a squad of 10 tactical Marines as Imperial Fists, I think they took me about a month to finish.

I wasn’t really intending to play but the models were so cool it was fairly easy to get motivated to paint them and I read good things about the rules. I bought the rulebook and the loyalist army book and arranged a game.

I played Jamie on the 30th August, he kindly lent me his Salamanders and later that night I went home and ordered my first starter box.

As the imperial Fists took me so long to paint, and you need a lot of Marines for this game, I switched to a
legion with an easier colour scheme. I chose Dark Angels and started the project with the view that I wanted something on the table as quickly as possible, with every large scale project I’ve tried in the past I try and paint every model to perfection (a level I can’t actually achieve but in my mind whilst sitting at a painting desk I’m a golden daemon winner) and end up losing enthusiasm as the progress is slow and the new hotness comes along and I start playing that instead.

Since that fateful night on the 30th August I’ve painted about 3,800 points, for me that’s nuts and after being in the hobby for so long I really didn’t think I’d ever get there (given my track record). So here is the army so far, I’ll probably take a break now and enjoy playing games with painted stuff. I’ve still got unpainted models set aside for Dark Angels but I think I want to start a second legion at some point, more of a hobby project with conversions and better paint jobs, but we’ll see.

Anyway, here’s some pictures.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Re: Dark Angels, the Legion so far....

Postby Mike » Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:17 pm

Looking good.

I was very suprised on Tuesday what you had ready and painted in terms of vehicles.

Need to pull my finger out.
Mike
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:11 am

Wow, just wow. In such a small timescale too!
'Jenkins, chap with wings there...five rounds rapid.' - The Brigadier.
MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Dave » Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:20 pm

Mike wrote:Looking good.

I was very suprised on Tuesday what you had ready and painted in terms of vehicles.

Need to pull my finger out.

Cheers. The vehicles are pretty meh to be honest, probably need an airbrush in the future as I just couldn’t get a smooth finish by hand.
Dave

Postby Dave » Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:21 pm

MoodyGit (Gary) wrote:Wow, just wow. In such a small timescale too!

Thanks, they look much better as a big mass of dudes, inspecting them individually is to be avoided. The MKVI kit deserves better really.
Dave

Postby ErebusMort » Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:59 pm

That is a seriously impressive output! They look brilliant all ranked up and extremely dangerous!

I really like the use of decals, it draws the eye, especially on the vehicles.
ErebusMort
Lesser Pumpkin

Postby Tom » Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:25 pm

Blimey, they do look impressive arrayed like that.

The Fists look great as well.
Tom

Return to Painting and Modelling