Gary and Mikes 30k adventures

Our little corner of pride

Gary and Mikes 30k adventures

Postby Mike » Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:38 pm

So the discussion started with should we join in and if so, how would we make best use of our monies.

I have never known Gary to be so enthusiastic. He asked if i was free one Saturday. Yes i was and I thought it would be a good time to finalise our ideas on what to purchase etc.
He turned up with a large brown box full of 30K.

We discussed and shared out the booty. Chatted about doing it as a project slowly bit by bit expanding our little forces.

A few weeks later in general chat Gary mentiond extra models, transfers and dice. I hadnt even got models glued together.

And only last week he is chopping up his chaos old brigade. Better put my arse in gear and get some models put together.

Luckily for me Deathguard are pretty much go for the basics army list.
Mike
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Re: Gary and Mikes 30k adventures

Postby Mike » Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:41 pm

The 1st 1000 points glued together with a few of my Kill Team models for characters.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Dave » Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:01 pm

Excellent, reminds me of the old white dwarf “tale of x gamers” articles.

Looking forward to seeing more.
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:54 pm

"For our Legion to survive we must swim through the bloody oceans of our, once beloved, brothers" - Apothecary Mihai attached to the Blood Angels 68th Company 'The overflowing chalice'.

Well, um.. Loyalists! Agreeing to be Tails to Mike's Heads is certainly going to be a challenge for someone who has followed the Chaos powers since they were conceived. Good guys never were any fun though I do love that they contain the two biggest horror tropes in Vamps and Werewolves.

Papa has chosen, I don't think anyone is surprised, to expand the galaxy alongside his sons the mighty Death Guard. I do wish he had chosen one with an obvious counter such as Word Bearers/Ultramarines, Space Wolves/1000 Sons or Iron Warriors/Imperial Fists, but that just adds to the fun.

A bit* of research led me along two routes. First is the hatred that Mortarion has for psykers leading to the creaters of the Librarius being 1000 Sons, Blood Angels and White Scars. Second is actual meetings in the fluff that I have access to being White Scars on the journey to Earth and the Blood Angels at Terra. Well I'm not painting White and I cannot afford a Jet Bike army (can anyone?) so Red is the colour...
*Lots

As previously mentioned I will be recycling my Children for this project,
Children2a.jpg

Children2c.jpg

From the corpses, heroes will rise.
HH1.jpg

These will become my first destroyer squad with assorted chainswords and pistols from throughout the ages.
HH2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'Jenkins, chap with wings there...five rounds rapid.' - The Brigadier.
MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:40 am

"When I look into the traitors eyes I see an echo of what we were before the Angels light" - Trooper Marius on his return from the first circle.

Happily painting away when Ryan passed by, "painting the muddy marines now?" was his comment.

HH3.jpg

This then lead along the following rabbit hole.

Is historical 40k not good enough you're going ancients...Are you painting them as a pre-unification war squad...Does that mean you are avoiding putting any makings on them...That means you can take any army trait!!

I'm very proud of him.
MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Dave » Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:36 am

Great progress, I really do like the Mkiii kit......

Good kit bashing to get that many despoilers together too.
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby Mike » Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:31 pm

Trying to make MKVI more plague marine by adding pussballs

Toned down hauler to make it more like 30k.
Will be using as a deathguard home grown dreadnought
Mike
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:46 pm

"It was degrading, having to cover our glorious colours in dirt like fighters of old" - Techmarine Zavious attached to the Blood Angels 68th Company 'The overflowing chalice'.

It is decision time. (Though if I was doing 40K I would totally be doing Minotaurs as I love this colour).
HH4.jpg

My inner story is that this company finally becomes the Blood Drinkers succession chapter, the original Rogue Trader ones not the Wiki ones.
HH5.jpg

So do I go with the red or go for something equally old such as this? My story is that, as friends could be enemies and enemies be friends, the split second advantage gained by not advertising who you are would be crucial.
HH6.jpg

Though I'd rather have a more desert look such as the Flesh Eaters one to suit the bases.
HH7.jpg

Also seen here two WDs later as a Blood Angels Land Raider. Who knew, the signs were there all along about them being a Successor chapter. Just didn't recall!
HH9.jpg

HH8.jpg

Thoughts?
MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby ErebusMort » Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:36 am

Mike wrote:Trying to make MKVI more plague marine by adding pussballs

Toned down hauler to make it more like 30k.
Will be using as a deathguard home grown dreadnought

I like the crawler idea, the shape works well with the slow relentless advance of the Death Guard.
ErebusMort
Lesser Pumpkin

Postby ErebusMort » Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:39 am

MoodyGit (Gary) wrote:"It was degrading, having to cover our glorious colours in dirt like fighters of old" - Techmarine Zavious attached to the Blood Angels 68th Company 'The overflowing chalice'.

It is decision time. (Though if I was doing 40K I would totally be doing Minotaurs as I love this colour).
HH4.jpg

My inner story is that this company finally becomes the Blood Drinkers succession chapter, the original Rogue Trader ones not the Wiki ones.
HH5.jpg

So do I go with the red or go for something equally old such as this? My story is that, as friends could be enemies and enemies be friends, the split second advantage gained by not advertising who you would be crucial.
HH6.jpg

Though I'd rather have a more desert look such as the Flesh Eaters one to suit the bases.
HH7.jpg

Also seen here two WDs later as a Blood Angels Land Raider. Who knew, the signs were there all along about them being a Successor chapter. Just didn't recall!
HH9.jpg

HH8.jpg

Thoughts?

Camo on space marines is very cool, definitely on board with it if you went that route. Guess GW dropped it after rogue trader as it’s easier to create a brand with one colour per chapter, but it’s a good idea in my mind. I hadn’t really thought about it, but I’m now tempted to do some myself!
ErebusMort
Lesser Pumpkin

Next

Return to Painting and Modelling