Road to 9th Edition

Our little corner of pride

Road to 9th Edition

Postby Ray » Tue May 26, 2020 10:42 am

I figured with a new edition on it's way, it's about time I sort out the only modern 40k army I own. Maybe if I tell everyone I'm doing this I might actually get somewhere with it. Anyone else got plans?

No actual planning went into this army, everything I have is the result of picking bundle deals. Here is the current state of things:

assembled.png

unassembled.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ray
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Re: Road to 9th Edition

Postby Dave » Tue May 26, 2020 12:52 pm

Iā€™m interested in the ā€œgames of multiple scaleā€ rules which apparently will be in the new rulebook, particularly the rules for smaller games. I like 40k lore and aesthetics but the rules and sheer model count have always spelt the doom for any project I started for it.

Army wise, I have a small amount of Primaris that Iā€™d planned to do but lockdown has killed my interest in all hobby related stuff.
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby Brad85 » Tue May 26, 2020 1:18 pm

Dave wrote:Iā€™m interested in the ā€œgames of multiple scaleā€ rules which apparently will be in the new rulebook, particularly the rules for smaller games. I like 40k lore and aesthetics but the rules and sheer model count have always spelt the doom for any project I started for it.

Same for me (maybe with the exception of model count) always feel like there's too much bookkeeping with 40k for the number of guys I need to keep track of.

I'll doubtless get the rules as I have all those models. But I'm tempted to bash up a new smaller army.
Brad85
Greater Pumpkinhead

Postby Ray » Tue May 26, 2020 1:30 pm

I'm not interested in playing massive 40k games anymore, but if smaller games work then that would be good. 1k was actually a decent game size for 8th, and it doesn't sound like things are going to change drastically. If I want to put everything on the table at once, that is what apocalypse is for.
Ray
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Ray » Tue May 26, 2020 2:17 pm

To give you an idea of size, here is a 1k list I just made from what I have assembled. I'm going to work on getting these things done first I think.

1k.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ray
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby JAC » Tue May 26, 2020 6:26 pm

I might work on my Blood Angels and bring them out of retirement. And finishing my Space Wolves. I also have a small nid collection I want to paint and chaos to finish...
Wolves, what wolves...
#itsoktonotbeok #lifttheweight
JAC
Pumpkinhead

Postby Ray » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:37 pm

First guy, who I painted ages ago, but has been amended slightly

intercessor.png
Ray
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby JAC » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:52 pm

Ray wrote:First guy, who I painted ages ago, but has been amended slightly

intercessor.png

Nice.
Wolves, what wolves...
#itsoktonotbeok #lifttheweight
JAC
Pumpkinhead

Postby Brad85 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:43 pm

Those new Ad Mec robot horses... how would people feel about them being used as 'counts as a bike' for something? Not sure what yet, like the horse-bots but not the idea of an ad mec army
Brad85
Greater Pumpkinhead

Postby Ray » Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:56 pm

Brad85 wrote:Those new Ad Mec robot horses... how would people feel about them being used as 'counts as a bike' for something? Not sure what yet, like the horse-bots but not the idea of an ad mec army

Are chaos marines on bikes still a thing? Because they would totally work for that if you hacked them about the way you have the rest of your army.
Ray
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Next

Return to Painting and Modelling