MoodyGit does the twenty four

Our little corner of pride

Re: MoodyGit does the twenty four

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:06 pm

This is my favourite team. I have always felt that the amazon team needed work. The Norse was revamped and the ladies left behind. It didn't help that all the figures looked the same either. For my team I wanted to use the original third edition slann concept so searched around for things to give the girls to represent animal spirits. I was looking for cloaks, heads feathers etc. but while on the Impact site I came across an independent supplier doing some lizard type models and further in was cats! Instead of the girls taking on animal aspects I made the animals into girls. I have lizards catchers, jaguar blitzers, mordheim line girls and the throwers were given golden skin like the Eldorado legend.

Team 9, Amazon - Jaynesville Jags

Extras - http://s564.photobucket.com/user/ARBBL/ ... t=3&page=1
'Jenkins, chap with wings there...five rounds rapid.' - The Brigadier.
MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:09 pm

The second tournament that year I took one of my older pre NAF teams. As time had moved on so had point values and skill sets so I added the following to my Nurgles Rotters.
Beast of Nurgle
And a fourth beastmen
MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:38 pm

'The home team'. We have made a habit of giving figures away at our tournament and so it had to happen. Chaos pact was the greatest fit, isn't it always. I used our 'not' fimir as the big guys, grey untouched is ogre, green tail removed is troll and brown plus extras is the mino. Goblin and elf fit own spots and pumpkin heads are the marauders. We never got to the skaven due to not being able to come up with a unique idea though if I get another goblin I may do a Mike conversion.

Team 10, Chaos Pact - ARBBL Jacks

Again http://s564.photobucket.com/user/ARBBL/ ... t=3&page=1
MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:42 pm

The next half a dozen tournaments I retook teams I had already done. Change of team values and skill sets meant changes but I didn't have to paint until I choose to drop the Minotaur and introduce the twins on the chaos dwarf team. Praise to Malal.

MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:02 pm

Time to return to the elves. As mentioned previously I had painted a pro elf team but they were now a work in progress. The team description for pro elves are that when the NAF collapsed many high elf teams went bankrupt due to lack of funds and the market was swamped with elves looking for teams. I loved the thought and mixed with the American Football aspect of the pro bowl where the players wear a linking kit but retain their own team helmets. I have since expanded this thought into a whole team of mix and match each trained in a position rather than being born into it. That way I can complete all four elf variants in thirty three models. The first done is the dark elf 'play'. As you can see all four blitzers are there inc. the wardancer and the assassin is also a wood elf. This concept means I get to use older models such as a dark elf catcher.

Team 11, Dark Elf - Eternal Lament

MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:17 pm

More add ons as teams start to flesh out.

Amazon thrower number two and chainsaw guy starting out on new career plus awesome idea for ball I stole from a tournament.

Undead Deeproot for the 'flings, though Simon actually owns the model

As a note also painted this and traded with Simon in the hope it moves him towards painting a team. Slaanesh Minotaur for his chaos team. (An idea I may steal as I am quite good at it)

And while I'm at it a ARBBL jack painted for Lycos as a thank you for the dice after all of mine were stolen.
MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:56 am

My first skaven in the underworld had had many positive comments so I decided that when it came round to the full rat team I would continue with the theme. Didn't take the rat ogre as I hadn't finished him and suffered for it so expect to see it in another top up comment.

Team 12, Skaven - Pigmentally Challenged

Also an add on for the underworld
MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:03 am

Finally bit the biscuit and finished The Pip story, once again the crowd went wild and remains were few and far between. In the team fluff the blitz-ra's and throw-ra's wore special helmets to give them the correct skills. I chose to tear off the arms of an Orc for the thrower and ripped off the heads for the blitzer. True orcy style.

Team 13, Khemri - Pip's Pounderz

MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:55 am

Not doing so many tournaments this year has meant I can paint between events. :D

Team 14, Lizardman - Freshwater Firecrackers.

MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:57 am

And squeezed in an extra thrower this morning for my underworld team,

MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

PreviousNext

Return to Painting and Modelling