MoodyGit does the twenty four

Our little corner of pride

MoodyGit does the twenty four

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:15 am

I have been following many peoples projects out in the wider gaming world and been considering, starting, considering again, starting something else, etc. for a while now when it occurred to me I am well into a project of my own.
Over the last ten years I have been going to Bloodbowl tournaments and as my playing skill is average to poor I use it as a chance to paint new teams so as I am around the half way mark I think having a team painted for each of the twenty four races is achievable.
So as the song suggests, 'let's start at the very beginning, it's a very good place to start'.
'Jenkins, chap with wings there...five rounds rapid.' - The Brigadier.
MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Re: MoodyGit does the twenty four

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:21 am

First up is the original Pip's Pounderz painted for a tournament (the only one I did at the time) in Reading called Spiky. Unfortunately it hasn't been run for a while but there was a small resurgence last year so things may change.

Team 1, Orc - Pip's Pounderz

More piccies can be found here,
http://s564.photobucket.com/user/ARBBL/ ... t=3&page=1
MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:15 pm

That first tournament was an eye opener. Results were as expected and a bottom three finish was my reward. How was I to know that that was a sign! Because of the result, and the way I wargame, fluff came to the fore and a story was inspired. Pip suffered a major defeat in his first tournament and all of the fans appreciated it so much they stormed on to the pitch and ripped the team to pieces. But this doesn't stop someone like Pip and calling in some favours and some dodgy back street dealings with the local necromancer and, Ta da, Pip's Pounderz have been reborn, literally! Note one of the golems is flesh coloured because in those days you were allowed ogres in Orc teams. So one an ex ogre and one an ex troll.

Team 2, Necromantic - Pip's Pounderz

MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:30 pm

I planned to continue with my fluff story as I fared just as well in my second trip and create a third Pip team based on a Khemri roster, but this was when the teams had a revamp (such as orcs losing ogres) and I didn't care much for what they had done to them. So In 2005 I took a pro elf team called Eternal Lament and made it to their dungeon bowl. Had great fun especially as I had given everyone leap as skills and it seemed that, as dice roll results showed, the ceilings were very low!
This team has been going through a re paint for my elf teams, more to follow, so I don't have any pictures to hand. Just the coach

MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:41 pm

Next up a chaos dwarf team. This was made with old figures in my bits box with weapons removed. Being old lead it was pretty easy to carve out chain mail, armour and fur with a metal tipped stylus. Helpful as I was unaware of green stuff at the time. Cannot remember how well this team went as I hadn't joined the NAF. Guessing it wasn't great and thankfully none of the losses were counting.

Team 3, Chaos Dwarf - Darkland Bronzes

Once again, more here - http://s564.photobucket.com/user/ARBBL/ ... t=3&page=1
MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:35 pm

Ok now don't let the sight of an official Blood bowl miniature get you excited, I haven't converted quite yet. More home grown old lead in my next entry with 40k marines, ROC beastmen and new plastic marauders coming together in the praise of Nurgle.

Team 4, Nurgle's Rotters - Unlucky Bleeders

Others - http://s564.photobucket.com/user/ARBBL/ ... t=3&page=1
MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:16 am

Another year and another brain wave. 'My results may be down to changing my teams so I will play only Humans for 2008'. Well I managed two tournaments and two leagues before I got bored/frustrated. My first whole team made up of bloodbowl figures. All the positions are given different helmets with linemen-tigers, catchers-cheetahs, throwers- snow leopards, blitzers-leopards and the ogre is a white tiger. I named them originally Altdorf Alleycats but as that had already been used I decided that they would be the feeder team from the Sunday Pub League.

Team 5, Human - Fish St. Felines

More, http://s564.photobucket.com/user/ARBBL/ ... t=3&page=1
MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:32 am

We held an impromptu tournament due to a loss of venue at the last moment for a London club. Two things happened, one I joined the NAF and two, another poor showing with the humans. With Spiky two weeks away and my normal grumblings about how awful they were, while clearing away it was suggested in a jokey manner that I paint another team. I laughed along with the joke and went home. Three days later I turned up with the war machines and the following Tuesday the players all done. Challenge accepted. The undead Halflings idea was stolen from Mike/Chris and as I didn't have the parts to copy their brilliant trees I thought what happens to trees when they die? They become war machines. And so the portals of peril were born from the two chaos dwarf war carts left over from using the crew in a previous team. To represent the throw team mate rule the Halflings jump into the portal where they teleport to the chosen square, a roll of a one is a trip on the frame.

Team 6, Halflings - Grismere Grasshuggers

More here http://s564.photobucket.com/user/ARBBL/ ... t=3&page=1

Including leaping through the portal
MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:53 pm

Next up is the first of the 'new' teams. The name underworld means to me the lack of light and space so for my team I went for an albino theme on minis smaller than normal. Using an eighties troll, Impact 'not' snotlings as my goblins and very light fur tones on the skaven.

Team 7, Underworld - Pigmentally Challenged

As before, http://s564.photobucket.com/user/ARBBL/ ... t=3&page=1
MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:04 pm

Next is the club project. After the usual chat in the car after a tournament we thought we would all take the same team to the next one. Eventually we created the Dwarf Street, more of in its own thread viewforum.php?f=53, and my part is the following.

Team 8, Dwarf - Shorty Miners

MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Next

Return to Painting and Modelling