Legacy models

Our little corner of pride

Legacy models

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Mon May 07, 2018 6:01 pm

For those of you who have no idea, a legacy team/warband/gang is a group effort to create a small selection of similar themed models. The group decide by vote what the team/warband/gang will be and a major and supplementary colour to bring them all together. Everyone then paints their model, but leaves the base plain, names their character (and lately creates a back story) and sends off to the organiser. Once all together the names of every one who took part are put in a hat and one lucky person gets the lot. As the winner it is their responsibility to base in a manner of their choosing and flood the internet with wonderful pictures for all to amaze over.
'Jenkins, chap with wings there...five rounds rapid.' - The Brigadier.
MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Re: Legacy models

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Mon May 07, 2018 6:04 pm

My first attempt at a legacy model was for the Oldhammer site. The brief was a warband of Law with a Khaki/white theme.

My entry was an elf wardancer

Legacy 1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Mon May 07, 2018 6:06 pm

Next up for the same group was a 40k pirate band with turquoise as the key colour. As my collection doesn't have any space pirate type models I went for an escher juve to be the cabin girl.

Legacy 2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Mon May 07, 2018 6:10 pm

My latest is for a Middlehammer site and the theme is a Chaos Warband with white/purple for the colours as it covers three of the four gods (though Slaanesh does seem to be the fore runner)

Legacy 3.jpg
MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Mon May 07, 2018 6:11 pm

This time round I did the full back story as mentioned

Legacy 4.jpg
MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Mon May 07, 2018 6:11 pm

Legacy 5.jpg
MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:43 pm

Middlehammer again and this year is 40K's turn.
Agreed to be a Super Villain from any race with a Black and Neon colour palette. ( I had chosen Nurgle before the colour choice had dropped though Slaanesh would have fit better)

Super villein is such a large scope and I wasn't sure where to go but I then recalled a campaign Mike, Simon, Micky and myself played in when Second Ed came out. We compiled a list of every model we had which was then frozen. We then played a series of games using the models from the big list and if a model was removed from the table it was permanently removed from your list on a 4+. This lead to some really silly lists as units were destroyed, reformed and then destroyed again but it became one of those really memorable moments.
The one thing that seemed a dead cert for me was at the end of every battle all I had left was my commander. No matter what I took he was always left standing surrounded by the corpses of his men. This in my mind is a true villain who will stop at nothing to get his way.

So we have the 'Tzar', a model I glued together in the early 90's and eventually painted last month.

Legacy 1.jpg

The origins of the 'Tzar's' outlook in life can be traced back to his birth. As a child he never knew his parents or his birthday and the oldest people he would mix with were in their twenties, as no one stayed around due to the artillerymen and women being the planets chief export. When asked about his Homeworld he would say that it was like Krieg's younger, awful brother as all he knew was the sounds and smells of the artillery core he was brought up in and the dirt and grime he lived in.

This changed for him when he was inducted into the Blood Drinkers Space Marine Chapter, his natural ability to hit targets at all ranges and in all conditions shone through and after the life changing programs he earn't his first Missile Launcher. Here was another way to destroy without his victims ever knowing him and as time went on he constantly looked for ways to remove as many from the field of battle without them having any idea whatsoever of how it was happening.

The second big change in his life was the battle of the Weaping Gully. All that could be seen from edge to edge was an approaching Waargh of thousands upon thousands of Orks. His job was to deliver a special payload into their midst to thin them down as best he could. This payload was one of the new virus missiles. When it hit the affect was astounding, within in minutes it took affect and with an unbelievable speed it took hold. The orks had no chance, the gully walls kept them in so tight they couldn't escape and when the toxins seemed to have run their course they would appear again due to the sheer quantity of hosts.
This was a dream for our hero, death on such a scale and by an unseen hand. His unseen hand. But as we know all dreams are watched and the eyes and ears of Father Nurgle had been drawn by a plague not of his making and seeing the glowing beacon of the warp on this lowly trooper knew he would be his.

The 'Father' has nurtured our Hero and he has welcomed this method of warfare into his heart. No longer does he have the screams of artillery in his ears or the grip of restraint from his superiors. Now he spreads the voice of the 'Father' and destroys thousands without them being aware they were ever in any trouble. He has found his place in the shadows and is happy to use anyone to further his dreams, a boy born in to a world without ties such as family has become a man without ties such as humanity.
MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:10 pm

There was enough models to split into two gangs again and I'm the name out of the hat for the second group. :D

The kind gentleman who set it up has posted about the models so I've attached if any one is interested.

With kind permission of Paul McWhirter.

https://tgtbatcn.blogspot.com/2019/07/m ... 9-40k.html

Also his review of the previous years entries.

https://tgtbatcn.blogspot.com/2018/06/M ... -2018.html
MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Return to Painting and Modelling