Board games over the summer plus DnD

General chit chat about the important things in life.

Board games over the summer plus DnD

Postby KimothyRoll » Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:11 am

Hey guys

It's been so long since I've been to play board games and I'm so sad about it. Circumstances for me changed just before Christmas meaning I no longer have childcare in the evening. My son is going to his dad's alternative weeks in the summer so I want to try come for those weeks so I'm hopeful people are around (also I'm pretty sure I owe money ), I'll post in the weekly threads for that.

My other point is about DnD. For some reason I have decided I actually really want to try it (I did an RPG- Alice is Missing - with a group of friends and loved it). I have no experience DMing so am wondering if any of you guys know of local groups that I could join online (issues with childcare stand), or I can host here.

Let me know! And I can't wait to organise games for the summer.

Kim
KimothyRoll
Pumpkin Soup

Re: Board games over the summer plus DnD

Postby TheKingInYellow » Sat Jun 24, 2023 8:09 am

Hi kim,

Good to hear back from you. I've joined a local dnd group with my girlfriend, we meet the first Sunday every month at coffee number 1 in andover.

I actually really want to try alice is missing. It's been on my to play list for ages.

Definitely up for board games. I'm hoping to take some of the players from the local dnd group and actually start a regular gaming session of it. So that could be interesting?

Happy to catch up about it, as my partner is really wanting to get back into dnd but we don't have a local group setup yet.
TheKingInYellow
Lesser Pumpkin

Postby KimothyRoll » Sun Jun 25, 2023 9:30 pm

Hey Matthew

That's awesome, I put a post on Facebook and a few people mentioned about the coffee no 1 group on a Sunday.

I'd absolutely be up for regular board games- as would Dan. I have a proper board game table here (Dan and I made it) and so am happy to host sometimes if it's a smaller group (means I don't have to worry about childcare).

Alice is Missing was really really good, I was surprised how easily I got into it! I can send you the game files if you want to have a look?

Re DnD - I'm completely new. Again, happy to host if someone can DM for us :D
KimothyRoll
Pumpkin Soup

Postby Tom » Sun Jun 25, 2023 10:23 pm

It'll be good to have you back for more board games. Hopefully see you soon.
Tom
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby TheKingInYellow » Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:17 am

Hiya,

I'm guessing Alice is missing is literally one and done campaign?

I really want to give it a go with partner and 14yr old step kid. Is that suitable for her do you think?

I'm at coffee #1 the first Sunday of the month if you and Dan are popping down?

I'm really hoping we can try and get a group together but I don't know if we have a dm really for the group. The guy running the intro session for us already has a few groups on the go so I know he's not really interested in a more regular thing.
TheKingInYellow
Lesser Pumpkin

Return to Gaming