Gaming Seasons

General chit chat about the important things in life.

Re: Gaming Seasons

Postby Mike » Thu May 20, 2021 10:24 pm

Please add any games which are not tabletop skirmish but do have a campaign element with small gang/team sizes.
Mike
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Fri May 21, 2021 2:31 am

Iirc most of the Mantic games rules are available free online (can't check while at work), so if they are everyone can have access to them.
Send help - buried under my lead mountain!
Darkson (Simon)
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Fri May 21, 2021 3:44 am

Mike wrote:Please add any games which are not tabletop skirmish but do have a campaign element with small gang/team sizes.

QUESTTTTTTTT.

Also does 40k crusade rules count?
'Jenkins, chap with wings there...five rounds rapid.' - The Brigadier.
MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Ray » Fri May 21, 2021 11:31 am

Darkson wrote:Iirc most of the Mantic games rules are available free online (can't check while at work), so if they are everyone can have access to them.

You are absolutely right. Looks like they have made all the rules free. From this list so far, these are the ones with free rules that I know of:
- Kings of War
- Vanguard
- Deadzone
- Dreadball
- Dropzone Commander
- Warmachine/Hordes
Ray
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Mike » Sun May 23, 2021 1:24 am

Thank you for all your entries.

With all forms of seasons / leagues you need to know what you are getting into.

What are you committing to?
To play the game chosen for that season and subsequent seasons.
To play games that fellow gamers have stored away gathering dust and for them to play your games.

What are the costs, preparation, resources?
With the list of available resources we can provide and limiting the size of games the costs should be minimal to zero.
Games where the buy in is high will not be included in the list.
Games will be chosen several weeks before its season starts so we can prepare. forums youtube batreps etc.

What game are we going to play and how is it chosen?
Skirmish size or Quest size chosen from the available games we own.
Members will put forward their suggestion for the next season and we will vote / discuss which we will commit to.
No game can be put forward again until we have played Games totalling the number of gamers signed up.

What if i really dont want to play the game chosen for the next season?
We all have a type, style or genre we dont like. Play one game you might be surprised.
Please give your fellow gamer the chance to introduce their game as they will for you.

As we move to the bottom of the list of games we may have to play two games during the season due to lack of resources etc.

Seasons will be 8 weeks but we will discuss if this needs to be changed based on the game we have chosen.
A 4 week gap to recharge batteries and prep for the next game. Or dust off those boardgames.

For our new members and long lost ARBBL’rs the season will be adjusted to accommodate their availability of resources etc. and dates able to turn up.
Mike
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Mike » Sun May 23, 2021 1:30 am

MoodyGit wrote:
Mike wrote:Please add any games which are not tabletop skirmish but do have a campaign element with small gang/team sizes.

QUESTTTTTTTT.

Also does 40k crusade rules count?

Any game that can be played under 2 hours. So Quest is easily in as we can get 4 games in a night.
Any 40k where the limitation on points brings the game under 2 hours.

Got to have a chance to bring out my small collection of deathguard.
Mike
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Sun May 23, 2021 5:30 am

Couple of concerns/issues.

1. If I understand it correctly, we're currently limited to 4 tables, in an event of a club-wide campaign we may need to designate one table to multi-player (either the campaign system or something else), otherwise we'll have a hard cap of 8. (May or may not be an issue for much longer.)

2. Depending on the system chosen, we may need to have a terrain building spree - for example, I don't think we currently have enough terrain to have 3 or 4 tables or Frostgrave (given it needs lots of LoS blocking).

Not trying to poo-poo the idea, I agree 100% with the aim (I've not played Ray in years for example, as our respective games hardly cross), just some teething problems that might need to be taken into account.
Darkson (Simon)

Postby Ray » Sun May 23, 2021 8:40 am

Darkson wrote:If I understand it correctly, we're currently limited to 4 tables, in an event of a club-wide campaign we may need to designate one table to multi-player (either the campaign system or something else), otherwise we'll have a hard cap of 8. (May or may not be an issue for much longer.)

The idea was to only start this once all restrictions are lifted and the club is back to normal
Ray
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Sun May 23, 2021 11:20 am

Ah ok, that wasn't clear (maybe it was discussed but not posted).
Darkson (Simon)

Postby Ray » Sun May 23, 2021 11:42 am

Darkson wrote:Ah ok, that wasn't clear (maybe it was discussed but not posted).

I don't think it's actually stated anywhere, but this entire thread is the result of a conversation we had at the end of Tuesday night. Probably not everything that was said has made it's way into the thread yet.
Ray
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming