White Dwarf Free Games

General chit chat about the important things in life.

White Dwarf Free Games

Postby Ronq » Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:16 pm

Hey everybody, hope you're enduring the lockdown. I think you're coming in to the home stretch now, right?

Just wanted to say that White Dwarf is giving away 12 games on Steam with White Dwarf at the moment (I assume this copy is still available in the UK) They're mainly older, or simpler games that should run on older PCs, but a few should be available with online play (Underworlds is a sure bet) Not played most of the more board gamey ones, so not sure how well they translate. If any of you do pick them up, let me know and we can try and work out a time to play!

Warhammer: Vermintide 2

The critically acclaimed Vermintide 2 is a visually stunning melee action game. Fight as one of five heroes against countless hordes of skaven and legions of Chaos in a game that pushes the genre’s boundaries.

Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine

Take on the role of Captain Titus of the Ultramarines Chapter, as he seeks to counter the threat of an Ork invasion on a valuable forge world. This violent third-person action game brings the Warhammer 40,000 setting to life like never before.

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War

This classic game started a successful real-time strategy franchise with several instalments and expansions. Create an army from a variety of factions in the 41st Millennium and fight through single-player campaigns. Ready for a challenge? Pit your forces against online opponents in the thriving community.

Total War: Warhammer

Thrill to visually stunning battles in the world-that-was. The real-time strategy action plays out in single-player campaigns, full of larger-than-life heroes, mighty beasts, and dazzling displays of magic. Take the fight online to match wits against other players from around the world.

Warhammer Underworlds: Online

Lead a warband of fighters as they seek glory in this brilliant adaptation of the deck-building strategy board game. Match up with other players or practice against a computer-controlled warband to hone your techniques and test out new tactics and card combos.

Warhammer Quest

Based directly on the venerable tabletop board game, Warhammer Quest is a nostalgic blend of fantasy, dungeon-crawling adventure, and co-operative strategy. Adventure through hazardous dungeons as you search for both treasure and glory.

Warhammer Quest 2: The End Times

This sequel to the turn-based strategy classic brings a new storyline, enhanced graphics, and deeper gameplay to the tried-and-true Warhammer Quest formula.

Talisman: Digital Edition

The is a faithful digital adaptation of the classic fantasy adventure board game, Talisman. You and your friends take on the role of adventurers, tackling a wide variety of adversaries and collecting magical treasures to reach the centre of the board. Work together or strike out on your own – only one can claim ultimate glory.

Adeptus Titanicus: Dominus

This turn-based strategy game puts you in the cockpit of a mighty god-machine, one of the strongest weapons in the galaxy. Unleash the fury of weapons capable of taking on an entire army of foes.

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach

Sanctus Reach tells the saga of the Space Wolves as they fight to defend a stronghold of the Imperium against endless tides of Orks. The battle-scale turn-based game plays out in a classic grid format, with a massive variety of units to choose from on each side.

Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon – Da Orks

This delightfully old-school 2D hex-based strategy game recreates the epic battle for Armageddon. You’ll find everything from lowly foot soldiers to super-heavy tanks and Titans – each has a role to play in your turn-based strategy.

Warhammer 40,000: Space Wolf

Collect cards to unlock units, wargear, and special abilities, then unleash your Space Wolf warriors against the perfidious forces of Chaos Space Marines. Take part in a single-player campaign, then sharpen your fangs with a survival mode or test your mettle against other players.
Attack is the secret of defense; defense is the planning of an attack.
Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Ronq
Gone But Not Forgotten

Re: White Dwarf Free Games

Postby Tom » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:09 pm

I got 'em
Tom
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby Mike » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:17 pm

Should be getting my mag before the weekend
Mike
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Brad85 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:35 pm

Got it for Space Marine and Dawn of War, and the updated points book but that's a bit meh.
Brad85
Greater Pumpkinhead

Postby Ronq » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:32 am

Looks like the one with promise will be talisman, I’ll have a poke around and see if I can organise a game and let you know!
Attack is the secret of defense; defense is the planning of an attack.
Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Ronq
Gone But Not Forgotten

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:48 pm

I've still got the original Dawn of War and play it once in a while.
'Jenkins, chap with wings there...five rounds rapid.' - The Brigadier.
MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Tom » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:49 pm

I have all the digital Talisman expansions so we can make it super confusing if we want! It'll be a great game for enjoying with a chat.
Tom
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Return to Gaming