Gaming Aspirations Upon the Great Return

General chit chat about the important things in life.

Re: Gaming Aspirations Upon the Great Return

Postby Mike » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:58 pm

Thank you for answers and offers.

Apologies i should have said the new version of Necromunda.

Looking at Enforcers due to my large range of Mantic deadzone miniatures.
I could field any variant and have some already painted.

As for Gorka-morka that would not be possible for all of us. Why did GW bring out that pathetic ork racing game.
Bloodbowl even having over 10 teams i would not want to waste 2-3 hours getting no where. ( i do watch Sage playing online 1-3 times a week) Even played on ipad a couple of times.
Mordheim - if they ever produced an updated version :) Nearly bought the PC game but after a few read ups and you tube videos. Nope.
Mike
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby JAC » Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:11 am

My aim is to try and get down more than once a year! Other than that some 9th edition 40k. Some all out war. Negan. Maybe some necromunda but a bit out of date with the rules.
Wolves, what wolves...
#itsoktonotbeok #lifttheweight
JAC
Pumpkinhead

Postby Mike » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:33 pm

A little more sorting.

My kill team genestealer cultists and possibly use the other kill team models for delaque.
Mike
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Tom » Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:51 pm

There’s a genestealer cult list for Necromunda in Book of Ruin.
Tom
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby Mike » Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:54 pm

Tom wrote:There’s a genestealer cult list for Necromunda in Book of Ruin.

is it different to the free one on warhammer community?
Mike
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Tom » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:01 pm

Slightly updated but not massive changes.
Tom

Postby Tom » Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:14 pm

What were people's thoughts on Warcry? I was kind of keen to get back into that for quick and easy skirmish action. There's some slightly updated campaign rules in the book they put out at the start of the year. Long term injuries, random benefits from territories, tweaks to glory points etc. Probably not enough oxygen in the room for that and Frostgrave at the same time though to be honest.

I've put the B&B book on my birthday wishlist Brad.
Tom

Postby Ray » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:00 pm

Tom wrote:What were people's thoughts on Warcry? I was kind of keen to get back into that for quick and easy skirmish action. There's some slightly updated campaign rules in the book they put out at the start of the year. Long term injuries, random benefits from territories, tweaks to glory points etc. Probably not enough oxygen in the room for that and Frostgrave at the same time though to be honest.

I've put the B&B book on my birthday wishlist Brad.

I gave up on it entirely. The balance is the worst I've ever seen from a GW game. I got as far as my first set mission in the campaign and with my chosen faction I literally can not see how it is possible. I looked back at the game afterwards and couldn't see any mistakes at all in what I had done and I lost by some huge margin. The mission just isn't winnable by the faction they gave it to. Definitely not interested in revisiting that experience.
Ray
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Brad85 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:06 pm

Ray wrote:I gave up on it entirely. The balance is the worst I've ever seen from a GW game. I got as far as my first set mission in the campaign and with my chosen faction I literally can not see how it is possible. I looked back at the game afterwards and couldn't see any mistakes at all in what I had done and I lost by some huge margin. The mission just isn't winnable by the faction they gave it to. Definitely not interested in revisiting that experience.

The Stormcast guys get bottle necked on that first mission that isn't variable. They lack the speed & coverage to do much of use.
I'd be happy to skirmish, but doubt i'd fuss over advancing their campaign trail. And as i'm trying to be sensible in my purchases (*cough* £125 box for 5 models and a book *cough*) i can't see me picking up a proper warband in the near future.

Tom wrote:I've put the B&B book on my birthday wishlist Brad.

Yeah! 8-)

Is anyone still paying attention to Shadespire?
Brad85
Greater Pumpkinhead

Postby Tom » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:20 pm

Brad85 wrote:Is anyone still paying attention to Shadespire?

Not really kept up on the scene what with the scene not really happening at the moment, but built the latest bands and will likely get the last two Beastgrave bands when they come out in August.

The very vague 'multiplayer expansion' in September may revitalise some club interest depending on what on earth it is:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/202 ... -road-map/
Tom

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming