Gaming plans for the new year

General chit chat about the important things in life.

Re: Gaming plans for the new year

Postby Ray » Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:19 pm

Tom wrote:Very much yes for Age of Sigmar! I bought into Nighthaunts at the recent 2nd ed. launch and have yet to play more than a single game with them.

Did you get on well with it then? I had assumed from it not being mentioned at all since, that your game against Dave didn't leave either of you impressed. I am open to seeing how it plays at some point now that they have solved most of the issues I originally had with it.
Ray
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Tom » Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:19 am

Ray wrote:
Tom wrote:Very much yes for Age of Sigmar! I bought into Nighthaunts at the recent 2nd ed. launch and have yet to play more than a single game with them.

Did you get on well with it then? I had assumed from it not being mentioned at all since, that your game against Dave didn't leave either of you impressed. I am open to seeing how it plays at some point now that they have solved most of the issues I originally had with it.

It was good fun! I certainly enjoyed it. The way charges and combat work are very ‘gamey’ and unnatural, but make for an interesting puzzle to optimise tactically.
Tom
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby Ray » Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:14 am

Tom wrote:It was good fun! I certainly enjoyed it. The way charges and combat work are very ‘gamey’ and unnatural, but make for an interesting puzzle to optimise tactically.

That's good to hear. Up for running me through it at some point?
Ray
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Tom » Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:58 am

Sure
Tom
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby Brad85 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:50 pm

So I'm adding Nightvault to my list. The father in law gifted me it today - then asked lots of questions. I've now got a wager with Suzy on whether or not I can get him gaming.
Brad85
Greater Pumpkinhead

Postby Trelliz » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:11 am

I'm feeling flush with xmas money, being paid and selling stuff on ebay so will pick up shadespire soon and maybe one of those reduced to clear age of sigmar soul wars boxes from Test Valley Models.
Trelliz
Pumpkin Soup

Previous

Return to Gaming