2022: A year in review

General chit chat about stuff other than gaming. Not sure what that is though.

2022: A year in review

Postby Ray » Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:57 pm

With next week being christmas nonsense games I guess at this point I won't get any more games in before the new year, so I thought I'd have a look at what I've done in the last year since I have a record of all of it. I managed a total of 32 games, all of which were at the club. This is what I played:

Deadzone (11)
Horus Heresy (10)
Kings of War (7)
World of Twilight (2)
40K (1)
Moonstone (1)

Only 6 different games feels low compared with pre covid years, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. With the deadzone campaign obviously over I assume I will end up playing mostly Horus Heresy and Kings of War in the new year, which is fine by me. This is who I played against:

Gary (8)
Jamie (7)
Matt (4)
Ben (4)
Dave (3)
Tom (3)
Simon (2)
Mike (1)

This looks extremely unbalanced. Not surprised Gary is at the top of the list with our regular Kings of War games but it's surprising Jamie is so high up given I hadn't even met him when the year started. No idea how I managed to go a whole year and only play Mike once.

The only new models I gained this year were the 15mm Heresy Ultramarines which I have finished, and the Heresy Space Wolves I'm currently working on. I also managed to paint some deadzone models.
Ray
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Re: 2022: A year in review

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:09 am

A bit different for me, as the addition of some "free Friday" gaming and the Twilight Open Day meant I played 46 games through the year (counting 'full' boardgame sessions, but not counting smaller 'pick up' games like Llama or Gorechosen):

Twilight - 10
Gaslands - 9
Horizon Zero Dawn - 6
Deadzone - 6
Gloomhaven: JotL - 3
Armada - 2
Stargrave - 2
Lords of Waterdeep - 2
Dead Man's Hand - 1
Frostgrave - 1
Xenos Rampant - 1
Cosmic Encounter - 1

As many of the games were multi-player a few more verses:
Mike - 24
Gary - 14
Dave - 11
Tom - 10
Jamie - 4
Matt - 3
Ray - 2
Ben - 1

No surprises at the top, given the extra gaming and Gaslands, nor much surprise at the bottom, as our lists of games have few overlaps, though I really thought I had played Ben more. Expect Jamie to climb the list next year, with Stargrave, DMH and Xenos Rampant on our respective lists.
Send help - buried under my lead mountain!
Darkson (Simon)
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby bennyowens » Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:02 pm

Yeah that's surprising that we only played once, though I guess we shared a few pick up games as well
bennyowens
Lesser Pumpkin

Postby ErebusMort » Thu Dec 15, 2022 7:40 pm

Ray wrote:. it's surprising Jamie is so high up given I hadn't even met him when the year started. No idea how I managed to go a whole year.

Yeah, I guess you wouldn’t pick out “Joe Random who I haven’t met yet” as the favourite for number 2 most games played against!

We were flying the flag for deadzone before the campaign kicked off and overlapped into heresy too. I’m keen to try some kings of war this year too and, to continue the Mantic theme, would like to see if Firefight is any good.
ErebusMort
Lesser Pumpkin

Postby ErebusMort » Thu Dec 15, 2022 7:42 pm

Darkson (Simon) wrote:Expect Jamie to climb the list next year, with Stargrave, DMH and Xenos Rampant on our respective lists.

Sounds like a plan, there are a few other skirmish games I’d like to try out too, I think 7TV was mentioned at one point?
ErebusMort
Lesser Pumpkin

Postby Ray » Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:07 pm

ErebusMort wrote:I’m keen to try some kings of war this year too and, to continue the Mantic theme, would like to see if Firefight is any good.

Up for both those things
Ray
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Tom » Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:05 pm

I admire your dedication to stat tracking. I’d try and scrape my year’s data from the weekly threads but it probably misses a dozen last minute cancellations.
Tom

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:37 pm

Tom wrote:I admire your dedication to stat tracking. I’d try and scrape my year’s data from the weekly threads but it probably misses a dozen last minute cancellations.

You don't have a spreadsheet? :o :o :o ;)

I grabbed mine from my logged plays on BGG, that I've actually managed to do regularly for a few years.
Send help - buried under my lead mountain!
Darkson (Simon)

Return to Lounge