X-wing @ Basingstoke

Places to be and tales of old

X-wing @ Basingstoke

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:45 pm

Managed to get out into the world and meet some strangers,14 players in all, in a small X-wing tournament and had a great time. Four rounds with standings based on points scored, looking around the room at the start there were a couple of double Firesprays, another Jedi fan, a Vader swarm and lots of the new First Order aces.

031021 event.jpg

Round 1 vs Defender Vader and big bomber. Game ran to time with my high agility and using all of the board getting me a win by 139 point to 100.

031021 R1.jpg

Round 2 vs New Kylo and friends. This was a win to me via clearance, opponent came right at me first turn and we exchanged shots both rolling misses on defence. Difference was I lost a shield and he was down to 1 health. That gave me the opening to pick him off one by one, only having one ship brought down to half. 200 points to 25.

031021 R2.jpg

Round 3 vs a very tanky Rebel Force. I was completely knocked out of the park. The number of dice and mods he threw out meant I was seeing 4-5 hits vs my 2 defence die every shot. 54-200 Ouch.

031021 R3.jpg

Final round vs Kylo, deja vu. This was was very close and was decided just as the clock ran out. On that turn I had three ships down to 2/1 hull and he had one on 1. I was out manoeuvred and initiative killed before I had a chance to finish him. A 50 point swing in the last minutes gave him a victory, 101-175.

031021 R4.jpg

Overall 8th due to the low score in game three though the two I lost to came second and third.

Was good to be playing again on the table and there is another tournament in early Nov in Southampton. Maybe give it another go?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'Jenkins, chap with wings there...five rounds rapid.' - The Brigadier.
MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Return to Tournament scene