Sad times :(

Places to be and tales of old

Sad times :(

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:29 pm

lunchmoney wrote:And within a week the venue, The Junction, has "reminded" me that we'd have to be out by 1800 "in case they have an evening booking", and for me to book it I need to drop £500.....

FFS :pissed:

Stay tuned for news.....
Suffice to say, yet again, I am moving venue.

lunchmoney wrote:It is with a heavy heart that I say I am cancelling the Exiles Open.

In the short story version I am tired of venue hunting. Over the last 10 years we've been at 4 different venues after being dropped by each one. The last one dropping me and the hunt for a new place is exhausting me; no one is replying to calls, messages, emails etc. So many people never replying, the ones who do want too much money. I've had enough.
There are other reasons that I'm not going into.

I know most of us never attended a Exiles event (just Gary, Mike, Oli and myself?) but I always enjoyed them, yes, even the year I took the 16-snotling team to Speedbowl!
Al seems to have had really bad luck with venues over the years - if he'd found one this would have been the 5th different venue he's had (including one that informed him of a double-booking with a week to go!). Makes me glad that, even during the bad times, I never had this sort of issue with the ARBBL Open or Pick'n'Mix.

Thanks Al.
Send help - buried under my lead mountain!
Darkson (Simon)
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Re: Sad times :(

Postby nobby » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:51 pm

:(

but those snotlings...
nobby
Pumpkinhead

Return to Tournament scene