Warhammer Underworlds - Aldershot

Places to be and tales of old

Warhammer Underworlds - Aldershot

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:25 pm

I thought I'd struggle with an event in Aldershot after a night shift and no power nap but the event was full of energy with fourteen keen gamers attending including our new rivals we met at Southampton.
Format was straight forward with three rounds of best of three. Tie breaker was glory difference.
My first game was against a guy, playing Fiends, who said he'd only played a few games before and as I was there to enjoy myself we spent much of the games discussing tactics rules and card combos. I won the first game 9-8 and my opponent took the second 5-3. Time was running short so we informed the TO that a draw was agreeable. He said we had fifteen minutes to play a last and it was agreed we would take the score when he called time. We managed to get to the middle of the second action phase and the final total was 0-0. A proper tie. (As we had finished with my opponent having one more action I rolled the dice of what would have been my turn [yes I know the vibes are different after the call] and I managed a kill).
Draw at -1
Second up was the one guy I didn't get to play at Southampton with his rats. This has got to go down as the best game I've played at a Tournament ever. I lost the first 8-7, second was a true tie at 7-7 (including survivors and objectives) and the third another true 13-13 tie. In the second game I had eight upgrades in my first ten cards and still pulled of the draw. A Loss at -1
Last up one of the new races, the Sig-ma-gics. This was a game where my cards were generous, my dice average and my opponents dice were distinctly absent. I won the first 12-8 and the second 12-10.
A win with +6

I will definitely get back if I can work permitting and hope others from the club can make it too.

Final result was 7th out of 14 with a 1-1-1.
'Jenkins, chap with wings there...five rounds rapid.' - The Brigadier.
MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Return to Tournament scene