Hi there from SteveC

If you're new to the group, introduce yourself here and tell us what games you play and/or are interested in

Re: Hi there from SteveC

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:03 pm

Steve, you might want to take a look at Kings of War (if you haven't already), I know quite a lot of the guys are going to be playing it.
Send help - buried under my lead mountain!
Darkson (Simon)
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby nobby » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:05 pm

They will be doing a historicla list book for it as well.
nobby
Pumpkinhead

Postby SteveC » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:10 pm

I do have 15mm armies, Ancient Imperial Roman & Medieval Spanish :)
The Romans are almost fully painted etc, the Spaniards are still raw metal. Although goodness knows which box they are in :cry:

nobby wrote:
Darkson wrote:Hi Steve,

UNnfortunately, other than 40k and a bit of Xwing, you seem to have a lot of games inn there that we don't/haven't played - there's not many historical gamers within the club, or even seemingly in Andover(!). That's not to say you'll not get a game, as Oli has some historical leanings (though I'm not sure what time periods or scale) and someone will be happy to try something.

Hope we can sort you out some gaming time soon, and maybe introduce you to a few other games,

Wotr Lancaster :P But again due to finances dont have an army currently but will be doing one again. If it's 28mm then I guess that rather than 15mm like I planned! I guess no mongol army for me then :( I plan on using my historical in kings of war as well, it's rather good like that!
SteveC
Pumpkin Soup

Postby nobby » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:26 am

Steve, have you tried saga at all? I am jsut getting into it due to holding off for ages and my guildball crowd have all got into it suddenly. Also, kow historical is about to be released next month, 30 army lists in it.
nobby
Pumpkinhead

Postby SteveC » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:10 pm

Actually yep, tried Saga and wasn't overly struck by it - probably doesn't help having been an early medieval re-enactor so found the rules somewhat nonsensical :lol:

I've tried Warhammer Historical, which was okay, and am currently reading through Hail Caesar which seems similar to Kings of War (but possibly slightly better....) ;)

Would like to dust off some of my old Warhammer elven armies sometime, I have the last rules before GW destroyed Warhammer to create AoS :D
SteveC
Pumpkin Soup

Postby Ray » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:30 am

Id be happy to play kings of war against those elves if you want to give that a go
Ray
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Previous

Return to Introductions