Hi there from SteveC

If you're new to the group, introduce yourself here and tell us what games you play and/or are interested in

Hi there from SteveC

Postby SteveC » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:28 pm

I popped in a couple of weeks ago to say hi, been busy building furniture and unpacking since so not been around :D

I have Warhammer armies (High, Dark & Wood elves), Warhammer 40K armies (Craftworld, Harlequins & Dark Eldar, Marines & Tyranids), Flames of War (Soviet hordes), multiple Full Thrust fleets (NAC, FSE & Kra-Vak, as well as Star Trek Federation, Klingon & a few Romulan, plus Battlefleet Gothic based Eldar & Chaos), 15mm Ancients (actually Imperial Roman, Medieval Spanish, and also Elven & Orc :) ), 28mm War of the Roses army (Yorkist of course), Star Wars X-wing (Imperial, and a few Rebel scum), Star Wars Armada (Imperial & a few Rebel scum)............... I think there are a few others buried in the boxes (1/300 scale Cold war & Sci-fi).....

Some armies are more painted/based than others (Eldar, Full Thrust fleets, Star Wars X-wing & Armada are generally ready for action) :lol:
SteveC
Pumpkin Soup

Re: Hi there from SteveC

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:05 pm

Welcome. Wow, you weren't making furniture, you were just unpacking your toys.

Hope to see more of you soon. :)
'Jenkins, chap with wings there...five rounds rapid.' - The Brigadier.
MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:45 am

Hi Steve,

UNnfortunately, other than 40k and a bit of Xwing, you seem to have a lot of games inn there that we don't/haven't played - there's not many historical gamers within the club, or even seemingly in Andover(!). That's not to say you'll not get a game, as Oli has some historical leanings (though I'm not sure what time periods or scale) and someone will be happy to try something.

Hope we can sort you out some gaming time soon, and maybe introduce you to a few other games,
Send help - buried under my lead mountain!
Darkson (Simon)
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby SteveC » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:38 pm

Never a problem, one of the advantages of having multiple armies is I can do demo games for people :D

Darkson wrote:Hi Steve,

UNnfortunately, other than 40k and a bit of Xwing, you seem to have a lot of games inn there that we don't/haven't played - there's not many historical gamers within the club, or even seemingly in Andover(!). That's not to say you'll not get a game, as Oli has some historical leanings (though I'm not sure what time periods or scale) and someone will be happy to try something.

Hope we can sort you out some gaming time soon, and maybe introduce you to a few other games,
SteveC
Pumpkin Soup

Postby Ladril Caledor » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:46 pm

Hi SteveC. I just registered and I see you are a Warhammer player like myself. I have a large High Elves army and I'm looking for a game of 8th edition in Andover. Let me know if your interested, cheers.
Ladril Caledor
Pumpkin Pie

Postby JAC » Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:56 pm

Welcome! I have some warhammer stuff I could dust off, been a while since I played it mind (like a couple of editions...) always up for 40k otherwise.
Wolves, what wolves...
#itsoktonotbeok #lifttheweight
JAC
Pumpkinhead

Postby SteveC » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:58 pm

Certainly, although I have a sneaking suspicion my Warhammer armies were the ones damaged in the move down here :(
Still need to talk to the insurance company and track down the boxes boxed up the wrong way up, the latter first probably.
I should also have a 6'x4' wargames table setup for weekend use :twisted:

I'm currently primarily gaming down in Salisbury because of the commonality of games played - but the ARBBL club are a good bunch of lads, so hopefully will come down occasionally (I've already corrupted some of the Salisbury group into getting Star Wars: Armada...... :twisted: )

Ladril Caledor wrote:Hi SteveC. I just registered and I see you are a Warhammer player like myself. I have a large High Elves army and I'm looking for a game of 8th edition in Andover. Let me know if your interested, cheers.
SteveC
Pumpkin Soup

Postby SteveC » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:01 pm

Thirty-six years of gaming adds up to a lot of wargaming/roleplaying kit I've collected (fills up two whole rooms)....... too many hobbies not enough time to use them to the full, thank goodness opted not to have kids :)
SteveC
Pumpkin Soup

Postby nobby » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:14 pm

Darkson wrote:Hi Steve,

Wotr Lancaster :P But again due to finances dont have an army currently but will be doing one again. If it's 28mm then I guess that rather than 15mm like I planned! I guess no mongol army for me then :( I plan on using my historical in kings of war as well, it's rather good like that!
nobby
Pumpkinhead

Postby JAC » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:47 pm

SteveC wrote:Certainly, although I have a sneaking suspicion my Warhammer armies were the ones damaged in the move down here :(
Still need to talk to the insurance company and track down the boxes boxed up the wrong way up, the latter first probably.
I should also have a 6'x4' wargames table setup for weekend use :twisted:

I'm currently primarily gaming down in Salisbury because of the commonality of games played - but the ARBBL club are a good bunch of lads, so hopefully will come down occasionally (I've already corrupted some of the Salisbury group into getting Star Wars: Armada...... :twisted: )

Ladril Caledor wrote:Hi SteveC. I just registered and I see you are a Warhammer player like myself. I have a large High Elves army and I'm looking for a game of 8th edition in Andover. Let me know if your interested, cheers.

We're moving house shortly (not far) but I've just put a mammoth Feldherr order in and will probably move my minis myself for that reason!

My warhammer stuff is mainly still in bits, but some is playable! Not getting a huge amount of making and painting time ATM!
Wolves, what wolves...
#itsoktonotbeok #lifttheweight
JAC
Pumpkinhead

Next

Return to Introductions