New Person Monday

If you're new to the group, introduce yourself here and tell us what games you play and/or are interested in

New Person Monday

Postby ErebusMort » Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:51 am

Morning all,

New person here. I'm based in Newbury and I've been looking for a way to get gaming properly kickstarted again after Covid and lockdowns, etc. and your facebook page this forum looked grand.

I've been gaming for many years and play (or at least own) far too many games....... I was brought up with 40k and warhammer/Age of Sigmar, but I'm finding them a bit lacking these days and I struggle to get games finished of an evening, so I've moved more skirmish-y recently.

Games I play (or have figures/scenery for, and would like to) include Bushido, Stargrave, Kings of War, Deadzone, Dreadball, Moonstone, warcry, blitzbowl, carnevale, Dead Man's Hand, 7TV and the Fistful of Lead stable of games (ideally a post apocalyptic version). I have enough figures for both sides of all of them too, even the multiplayer ones.... I think I might have a problem.

I was planning to head over tomorrow evening to say hello, but unfortunately my daughter tested positive for Covid this morning, so I think I'd best give it a miss as I don't want to start out being the guy who brought Covid along on his first evening!
ErebusMort
Lesser Pumpkin

Re: New Person Monday

Postby bennyowens » Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:56 pm

Hi there!

I'm still one of the relative newbies at the club. Theres some games in your list I'm keen to try, especially 7TV so would love an intro game of that at some point. I've recently been bitten by the Moonstone bug (thanks Matt!) so working on my first minis for that at the moment.

Look forward to seeing you at the club!
bennyowens
Lesser Pumpkin

Postby TheKingInYellow » Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:40 pm

Welcome and hope to see you down soon, good luck with covid!
TheKingInYellow
Lesser Pumpkin

Postby ErebusMort » Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:30 pm

bennyowens wrote:Hi there!

I'm still one of the relative newbies at the club. Theres some games in your list I'm keen to try, especially 7TV so would love an intro game of that at some point. I've recently been bitten by the Moonstone bug (thanks Matt!) so working on my first minis for that at the moment.

Look forward to seeing you at the club!

Hi Benny, sounds good - I've owned 7TV since the most recent edition and never played it, so I'd definitely be up for a game of that. Just to see if it's any good if nothing else!

I have my Moonstone ready to go too, so will definitely pitch in with a few games of that.
ErebusMort
Lesser Pumpkin

Postby ErebusMort » Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:31 pm

TheKingInYellow wrote:Welcome and hope to see you down soon, good luck with covid!

Thanks! Definitely keen to get some Moonstone in as it's always easier to paint miniatures for a game once you've played it :)
ErebusMort
Lesser Pumpkin

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:56 pm

Hello and welcome.

Quite a few games on your list I'm up for.

Stargrave: big fan of the *grave series of games, but what with one thing and another have only played Stargrave once, so happy to play that, either as pick-up games or as a ongoing.
Dreadball: yeah, I might have a few bits for that. ;) I haven't played it much since 2ed came out, but would be happy to play a league again (even if I did fail to many 3+s to be healthy!)
Dead Man's Hand - Mike plays this, and i tried it last year, and liked it enough to ask for the starter set for a birthday, so happy to play that.
7TV: been on Gary and my "try it" list for years, and know someone in Basingstoke who is, or was, one of their "show and play" guys, but have just never managed to actually get to it,so would be great to finally get a run through.

So from the replies so far, i think you'll be able to get a game or two arranged.

Good luck with the vid.

Simon
Send help - buried under my lead mountain!
Darkson (Simon)
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby ErebusMort » Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:16 am

Darkson wrote:Hello and welcome.

Quite a few games on your list I'm up for.

Stargrave: big fan of the *grave series of games, but what with one thing and another have only played Stargrave once, so happy to play that, either as pick-up games or as a ongoing.
Dreadball: yeah, I might have a few bits for that. ;) I haven't played it much since 2ed came out, but would be happy to play a league again (even if I did fail to many 3+s to be healthy!)
Dead Man's Hand - Mike plays this, and i tried it last year, and liked it enough to ask for the starter set for a birthday, so happy to play that.
7TV: been on Gary and my "try it" list for years, and know someone in Basingstoke who is, or was, one of their "show and play" guys, but have just never managed to actually get to it,so would be great to finally get a run through.

So from the replies so far, i think you'll be able to get a game or two arranged.

Good luck with the vid.

Simon

Excellent news, sounds like I'll be able to get through a fair few of the games on the ever growing list of things to play.

I'm keen to try some moonstone out as that's how I found out about the group, but then I'll happily play through all of the others.
ErebusMort
Lesser Pumpkin

Postby Tom » Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:34 am

Sounds like a good fit for our gaming tastes. Look forward to seeing you.
Tom
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Return to Introductions