Greetings

If you're new to the group, introduce yourself here and tell us what games you play and/or are interested in

Greetings

Postby KimothyRoll » Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:45 pm

Hey All. My names Kim and I have just discovered your group! I'm not the biggest fan of miniatures but am always up for trying a new game.
I'm a single parent so I'll have to work attendance around the child (he's 5 now and absolutely old enough to fend for himself but I feel like normal society would judge, therefore I'll do the Babysitter thing ;))
I play board games online a lot usually on TTS or BGA but I want to play in real life! I've a fairly good collection (https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/Kimothyroll) but always want to add. I picked up a couple of games at UKGE last weekend and have a few (too many) kickstarters appearing at some stage in the future.
I'm looking forward to meeting some like minded people!
KimothyRoll
Pumpkin Soup

Re: Greetings

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:51 pm

Welcome.

Had a look at your list, and there's a few on there I know have been played here before. I don't get to play board games much due to needing to leave for work, but will when I get the chance (got quite a few I need to break out).

We're just about to start a Frostgrave campaign, so opportunities for board games might be slim for a few weeks, but please see if you can arrange a game in the Club Nights threads.
Send help - buried under my lead mountain!
Darkson (Simon)
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby Tom » Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:30 pm

Hi. As said the majority of us are swept into a big minis campaign we’ve just started but we also play plenty of board/card games so I’m sure we’ll find places to fit you in. Frostgrave does tend to have matches finish in plenty of time for a follow on board/card game afterwards, but that would mean a bit of hanging around if that was all you were down for.
Tom
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby KimothyRoll » Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:11 am

I'm happy to hang. I don't mind watching games, just don't particularly want to play haha!

I won't be able to make it till the 24th I think now but I'll definitely head along that day (I'll put a message on the other thread).
KimothyRoll
Pumpkin Soup

Postby bennyowens » Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:37 am

Hi there!

Quite a few games on your list I enjoy playing, including 7 Wonders Duel, Carcassone and Ticket to Ride. Would be happy to play some board games if theres a week I dont have a Frostgrave game
bennyowens
Lesser Pumpkin

Postby Brad85 » Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:02 pm

Ben & Kim I'm fairly certain you've met - and Suzy and mines wedding if not since.

Also, hi Kim!
Brad85
Greater Pumpkinhead

Postby KimothyRoll » Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:23 pm

Haha hi Brad!

We probably have met Ben. But I'm always up for any games. The first week I can make it is the 24th now so will come along and see what's up :)
KimothyRoll
Pumpkin Soup

Return to Introductions