Hello, another new guy here!

If you're new to the group, introduce yourself here and tell us what games you play and/or are interested in

Hello, another new guy here!

Postby NeilHoodless » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:38 pm

Evening everyone. My name is Neil and I have just recently moves to the area.

Mainly play 40K (want to start Necromunda as well for nostalgia), also mainly a Space Marine player. Just realised this makes me sound pretty boring compared to most hobbyists on here. Been playing 40k on and off since 2nd edition and fully in the flow of 9th Edition.

Anyway would love to grab a game with someone sometime soon. Not sure how you arrange the games either. Please feel free to educate me!!
NeilHoodless
Unripe Pumpkin

Re: Hello, another new guy here!

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:13 pm

Hi,

There's a few 40k players already, and we've had messages from other new people that have at least expressed an interest in coming down to play (though whether they actually turn up...).
One of the main 40k players is away at the moment, and there's a club Frostgrave starting soon which may (or may not) affect the availability of the 40k players.

NeilHoodless wrote:Not sure how you arrange the games either. Please feel free to educate me!!

It's a combination of face-to-face at club nights and via the weekly club night threads (viewforum.php?f=10).
Send help - buried under my lead mountain!
Darkson (Simon)
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby bennyowens » Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:47 pm

Hi Neil!

I play Tyranids and got back into the hobby last year after being out of it since 4th ed 40k. I'm still one of the newer members of the club, but I've played a few games of 40K there so far and am always happy to bring my bugs down for a snack (upcoming Frostgrave campaign not withstanding!)
bennyowens
Lesser Pumpkin

Postby Brad85 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:05 pm

40k here too, marines player but they're not entirely loyal or disloyal, so it can probably work out.
Brad85
Greater Pumpkinhead

Postby Ray » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:59 pm

Hey there. Also play 40k so happy to give you a game some time. A Necromunda campaign at some point is a pretty safe bet, I think we have played 3 so far since this new version.
Ray
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Brad85 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:14 pm

NeilHoodless wrote:Mainly play 40K (want to start Necromunda as well for nostalgia), also mainly a Space Marine player. Just realised this makes me sound pretty boring compared to most hobbyists on here. Been playing 40k on and off since 2nd edition and fully in the flow of 9th Edition.

Hi, if you check out this thread I'm free for 40k on 3rd August
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1795&p=18588#p18588
Brad85
Greater Pumpkinhead

Postby NeilHoodless » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:02 pm

Everyone,

Thanks for the replies. Seems like a pretty good gathering of 40k players! Hopefully get round to playing you all at some point very soon!!!
NeilHoodless
Unripe Pumpkin

Postby NeilHoodless » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:28 pm

bennyowens wrote:Hi Neil!

I play Tyranids and got back into the hobby last year after being out of it since 4th ed 40k. I'm still one of the newer members of the club, but I've played a few games of 40K there so far and am always happy to bring my bugs down for a snack (upcoming Frostgrave campaign not withstanding!)

Sound stood to me buddy let me know when you are free for a game and let's get a game sorted!!
NeilHoodless
Unripe Pumpkin

Return to Introductions