It's Lycos, I'm here!

If you're new to the group, introduce yourself here and tell us what games you play and/or are interested in

It's Lycos, I'm here!

Postby Lycos » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:28 pm

Hello crew.

Most of the blood bowl players know who I am, been to the scout hut many times. :D

I moved from Reading to Basingstoke and Tuesdays have been ECBBL night for 10 years but I have managed my time a bit better lately. I'm hoping to play some games other than BB, I play plenty of that.

But I love man o war, Warhammer quest & Talisman so I'm hoping to find some others to play with. I'd also like to have a go at Necromunda and thanks to Darksom, Moodygit and belcher for their help on rules and teams etc.

I don't do 40K or Fantasy, I'm hopeless at the Malifio (?) or that game with Cryx as a race (help) but happy to check out Bolt Action or similar.

Dave
Lycos
Pumpkin Soup

Re: It's Lycos, I'm here!

Postby nobby » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:43 pm

malifaux, warmachine/hordes :D

man o war! man o war! man o war!
nobby
Pumpkinhead

Postby Lycos » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:00 pm

I told you, I'm rubbish at this stuff :D

Oli, MOW is on in a big way. Since we spoke at Exiles I have got the models and templates from Reading to Basingstoke so looking to play soon. I've got the rule books out to refresh myself.

Are we looking at base game first for a couple then build in Plague fleet and Sea of blood or you wanna go balls deep and all in straight away? Reading the rules has been a wake up call, there are clearly a few things I forgot.....

Got loads of models, don't worry about that.
Lycos
Pumpkin Soup

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:14 pm

Evening gov.

Up for MoW whenever, happy to have some practise games of Necro before we chuck you into a campaign.
You can join me on the rubbish pile for Warmachine. I love the look and setting of it, I just can't play it!

And good time for Quest. (TheyreDead)Dave is building a set in 15mm, and we played a few dungeons a couple of weekends ago (not very well!). I'm always up for a Quest or two.
Send help - buried under my lead mountain!
Darkson (Simon)
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:26 am

Welcome to our small part of the Hobby.

We have played Man O'War recently (within last couple of years) and myself and Ray played a one off not that long ago so we have a basic grasp of the rules. I would need us to use plague fleet as I only run a Chaos force! Though would happily borrow some of the dwarfs or brettonians you mentioned if we need to keep simpler.
'Jenkins, chap with wings there...five rounds rapid.' - The Brigadier.
MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby lunchmoney » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:28 am

MoW... Yes Please :) Someone poke me when you are getting MoW on.
lunchmoney
Lesser Pumpkin

Postby Ray » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:01 pm

Happy to play man o war again at some point, but I'll have to find my giant box of things first (I think it's in the loft?). Definitely up for it with a week or two of notice.
Ray
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:37 pm

Could we do MoW in 2 weeks time? An evening where neither Gary or myself need to run off.
Darkson (Simon)

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:15 pm

Sent Dave (and Al) an email.
Darkson (Simon)

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:14 pm

Dave can't do the 14th (typical), but can do the 7th or 21st. From a biased POV 21st is better for me, as I'm still off, but anyone else got a preference (guessing Gary will say 7th as he's off)?
Darkson (Simon)

Next

Return to Introductions