Hello

If you're new to the group, introduce yourself here and tell us what games you play and/or are interested in

Hello

Postby cmnash » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:44 pm

Hi All, I've just joined the forum (with Simon;s help) and am hoping to come to the club and see what it's like next week

I started with RPG's far too many years ago, and have been a lapsed miniature wargamer for the last couple of years, but am hoping to start gaming again - hence my coming to the club

Just saying hello at the moment!

Cheers, Colin
cmnash
Unripe Pumpkin

Re: Hello

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:47 pm

Welcome (this is Simon).

You say you're a lapsed wargamer - what game systems did you play, and do you have any preferences (sci-fi/fantasy, big battle/skirmish)?
There's a wide range of games played in the club, but if you have any prefered games it'll help to steer you in the right direction (for example I'm a Blood Bowl fan but don't like big battles so no good asking me about Warhammer Fantasy Battle, 40k or Kings or War).

But whatever takes your fancy you should find someone interested in the club so please pop on down whenever you can.
Send help - buried under my lead mountain!
Darkson (Simon)
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:58 pm

A big hello.

Echo all Simon has said. The collection of games played are eclectic with most things covered. When you come down, if you don't see something you like ask about and we should find something similar to keep you amused.

Gary.
'Jenkins, chap with wings there...five rounds rapid.' - The Brigadier.
MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby cmnash » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:19 am

Hi Simon, I'll try (almost) anything once - I have a bunch of 6mm DBA armies, a pile of Aeronef models, 2 Iron Stars flotillas, a bunch of 28mm Sci Fi, a stack of near future 28mms (including a whole bunch of zombies) and far more unpainted figures than is good for me ...

I have a copy of the new Blood Bowl, but haven't done anything more than open it, and a few board games that I hoped I could play with my daughter - bought before I learned that (apparently) "board games are boring ..."

So I guess the bottom line is that I want to start gaming again & I'd like to be in the position to have a preference!

Hope that makes sense, Colin
cmnash
Unripe Pumpkin

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:20 am

Sounds good, and there's normally a few people happy to give any board game a go.
Send help - buried under my lead mountain!
Darkson (Simon)
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Return to Introductions