Hi there

If you're new to the group, introduce yourself here and tell us what games you play and/or are interested in

Hi there

Postby xander » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:15 pm

I popped in lastnight and met a load of you - thanks for being so welcoming! Hi to those I haven't met yet.

I am around for the next 5 weeks and travel down on Monday mornings - so as long as I know what games are being played by sunday night then I can get involved.

I play the following:

Underworlds

I can also play the following:
Killteam
FoW
Burrows and Badgers

I have an interest in, but no built models for;
Frostgrave
Necromunda

Keen to get involved in stuff which I have never seen before too.

let me know if any of you fancy some games in the coming weeks!

Xander
xander
Unripe Pumpkin

Re: Hi there

Postby Tom » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:49 pm

Have you got enough figures to do a demo game of Burrows and Badgers? Not heard of it before but looks intriguing.
Tom
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:37 pm

I'd be happy to give you a demo for Frostgrave, but as a night worker I'm not sure that I'm about on a Tuesday before you leave.
I'm not in the next two Tuesdays but can see if we can arrange something after that.
Send help - buried under my lead mountain!
Darkson (Simon)

Postby Brad85 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:54 am

Guess we should record my Underworlds loss on the league then... :lol:
Brad85
Greater Pumpkinhead

Postby xander » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:46 am

Tom wrote:Have you got enough figures to do a demo game of Burrows and Badgers? Not heard of it before but looks intriguing.

unfortunately not yet - I haven't played it yet either but we could proxy some stuff and try to fudge through it if you fancy? Does the club have enough terrain for us to do that if someone else is playing something else?
xander
Unripe Pumpkin

Postby Tom » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:49 am

We're fairly good for terrain. Can do two or three tables of generic fantasy land with no issues.

I'm happy to give it a go if you're keen to try it but I was just intrigued and given your enthusiasm last week thought you might have some models you were itching to show off!

Or I can bring the Frostgrave rulebook this week for you to borrow and we could try that a following week if you like? That's entirely generic fantasy models so I'm sure you can find some stuff for that. Underworlds figures to anthropomorphic weasels, it'll all work fine!
Tom

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:05 pm

My next Tuesday off is the 9th July, which I think is your last week? If so, and you haven't had a chance to try Frostgrave before then, let me know and we can book it in.
Send help - buried under my lead mountain!
Darkson (Simon)

Postby xander » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:57 am

Tom wrote:We're fairly good for terrain. Can do two or three tables of generic fantasy land with no issues.

I'm happy to give it a go if you're keen to try it but I was just intrigued and given your enthusiasm last week thought you might have some models you were itching to show off!

Or I can bring the Frostgrave rulebook this week for you to borrow and we could try that a following week if you like? That's entirely generic fantasy models so I'm sure you can find some stuff for that. Underworlds figures to anthropomorphic weasels, it'll all work fine!

Winner dudes - would love to do some frostgrave - started painting a warband for it the other week. Will bring all of the stuff I have with me. I also have the basic starter book, so thanks very much it the offer of a lend but it's cool.

Will bring burrows and badgers - luckily my wife picked me up some more figures for it so we can play a stripped down scenario this Tuesday to get into the rules if you still fancy.

Will also bring my underworlds stuff.
xander
Unripe Pumpkin

Postby TheKingInYellow » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:18 am

I've had a quick game of badgers and burrows it's good fun.

Have you played the board game root?
TheKingInYellow
Lesser Pumpkin

Return to Introductions