17th May

What's on?

Re: 17th May

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Thu May 05, 2022 9:18 pm

Mike wrote:
MoodyGit (Gary) wrote:
Mike wrote:Twiglet Gary?

This is my no work night. Want to do something bigger, KOW?

How about following the trend and doing a bit of Deadzone?

Not sure if I'll have a chance to put the models together, do you have a usable force?
'Jenkins, chap with wings there...five rounds rapid.' - The Brigadier.
MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby bennyowens » Fri May 06, 2022 9:05 am

In with nothing planned again, up for whatever
bennyowens
Lesser Pumpkin

Postby Ray » Fri May 06, 2022 10:38 am

MoodyGit (Gary) wrote:Not sure if I'll have a chance to put the models together, do you have a usable force?

I have Marauders and Forge Fathers ready to go if you need to borrow something
Ray
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby ErebusMort » Fri May 06, 2022 1:10 pm

bennyowens wrote:In with nothing planned again, up for whatever

Could I tempt you into trying some deadzone? The mantic global campaign will be on by the 17th (and the electronic rules are currently free from mantic if anyone wants a copy) and ideally I’d get a few games in over the month to contribute to it.

I’ve got plenty of painted forces…..
ErebusMort
Lesser Pumpkin

Postby bennyowens » Fri May 06, 2022 2:30 pm

ErebusMort wrote:
bennyowens wrote:In with nothing planned again, up for whatever

Could I tempt you into trying some deadzone? The mantic global campaign will be on by the 17th (and the electronic rules are currently free from mantic if anyone wants a copy) and ideally I’d get a few games in over the month to contribute to it.

I’ve got plenty of painted forces…..

Why not, it's what all the cool kids are doing, and history proves I'm easily swayed by a shiny new thing!
bennyowens
Lesser Pumpkin

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Fri May 06, 2022 3:04 pm

Ok, dug out the minis you gave me and I have two questions;

1. Is this a shooty game or a hitty game, as everything I have comes with a choice of loadout covering both? (Sometimes I like the choice being made for me!)

2. I have 5 minis not on the site. Looking back at their Kickstarter they call them Nightmares, though I have 4 website Nightmares that the Kickstarter called Shredders!

For note I have 1 Broodmother, 4 Proginators, 20 Night Crawlers/Stalkers, 4 Nightmares, 1 Rumbler, 1 Night Terror, 1 Piper + rats and the unknown squad.
If someone can make a list to the points we are using and I'll try and get at least them glued together. Also did you have the bases for these Mike?
'Jenkins, chap with wings there...five rounds rapid.' - The Brigadier.
MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Ray » Fri May 06, 2022 4:36 pm

MoodyGit (Gary) wrote:Ok, dug out the minis you gave me and I have two questions;

1. Is this a shooty game or a hitty game, as everything I have comes with a choice of loadout covering both? (Sometimes I like the choice being made for me!)

2. I have 5 minis not on the site. Looking back at their Kickstarter they call them Nightmares, though I have 4 website Nightmares that the Kickstarter called Shredders!

For note I have 1 Broodmother, 4 Proginators, 20 Night Crawlers/Stalkers, 4 Nightmares, 1 Rumbler, 1 Night Terror, 1 Piper + rats and the unknown squad.
If someone can make a list to the points we are using and I'll try and get at least them glued together. Also did you have the bases for these Mike?

You can get the rules for free from the mantic website now. The army lists are available on easy army.

You will probably wan't a mix of shooty and hitty things. As a general rule, it's a good idea to have some guys who are good up close to run up and take objectives or pick up items, and some guys to hang back and provide covering fire or just sit on objectives near your deployment.
Ray
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Mike » Fri May 06, 2022 4:42 pm

Will look through the pile of mantic bits.
Mike
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby ErebusMort » Fri May 06, 2022 5:28 pm

bennyowens wrote:Why not, it's what all the cool kids are doing, and history proves I'm easily swayed by a shiny new thing!

Excellent news! I absolutely relate to the lure of shiny things….. I’ll bring some forces ready made up and you can choose the one you want to use.
ErebusMort
Lesser Pumpkin

Postby ErebusMort » Fri May 06, 2022 5:54 pm

MoodyGit (Gary) wrote:Ok, dug out the minis you gave me and I have two questions;

Definitely second Ray’s thoughts - a mix is best. Looking at Easy Army, try this for about 150 points (easy enough to reduce to 100 if needs be):

Brood Mother
Night Terror with scythes
3 crawlers with Ray Guns
2 stalkers with ray pistols
Nightmare with Heavy Chen Thrower
Nightmare with chem thrower and combat drill

Should give you a feel for the game.
ErebusMort
Lesser Pumpkin

PreviousNext

Return to Club Night