Penultimate Gaslands game.

In:
Simon, Mike, Tom, Dave: Gaslands
Ray, Ben: 40k
James, Matt: Deadzone

In/out?:
Gary: available but no-one to play :(

Out:
Send help - buried under my lead mountain!
Darkson (Simon)
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Re: 3rd May

Postby bennyowens » Sat Apr 23, 2022 9:55 am

Anyone fancy 500-1000pts of 40K? Got 2 new codexes (codicies?) I'd like to take for a spin

Otherwise up for any of the usual stuff
bennyowens
Lesser Pumpkin

Postby Ray » Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:33 pm

bennyowens wrote:Anyone fancy 500-1000pts of 40K? Got 2 new codexes (codicies?) I'd like to take for a spin

I can do that
Ray
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby bennyowens » Sun Apr 24, 2022 10:01 pm

Ray wrote:
bennyowens wrote:Anyone fancy 500-1000pts of 40K? Got 2 new codexes (codicies?) I'd like to take for a spin

I can do that

Cool! If its 500pts I'll bring the Genestealer Cult, anything above that will be the bugs, not got a preference as I havent tried the new rules for either yet
bennyowens
Lesser Pumpkin

Postby ErebusMort » Sun Apr 24, 2022 10:34 pm

Iā€™m in for a game. Moonstone, Deadzone, or anything else really
ErebusMort
Lesser Pumpkin

Postby Ray » Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:41 am

bennyowens wrote:Cool! If its 500pts I'll bring the Genestealer Cult, anything above that will be the bugs, not got a preference as I havent tried the new rules for either yet

Let's do 500, then I can try to put together something new as well.
Ray
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby TheKingInYellow » Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:29 pm

Anyone for an intro game of deadzone?

As in.. I need an intro game not I'd run one
TheKingInYellow
Lesser Pumpkin

Postby ErebusMort » Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:47 pm

TheKingInYellow wrote:Anyone for an intro game of deadzone?

As in.. I need an intro game not I'd run one

Iā€™m happy to run one - perhaps go for 100 points to get a feel for it? Iā€™ve got enough figures for both sides, but do feel free to bring the enforcers if you get some built.
ErebusMort
Lesser Pumpkin

Postby Tom » Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:29 pm

In for Gaslands
Tom
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby Mike » Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:10 pm

Gaslands

Death Race Variant Scenario
This scenario is a twist on the Death Race on page 124 of the Gaslands Refueled rulebook that makes use of pressure plate tokens to be closer to the films.

Race Gates
(as in the rulebook, same amount of gates, same size)

Setup
1. Setup the race gates to form the Race Track as explained on the rulebook

2. Each player gets the following amount of pressure plate tokens: 2 swords, 2 shields, 1 death head.

3. Roll off to determine who has Pole Position. Starting with the player with Pole Position, players take it in turns to place a pressure plate token face down until all pressure plate
tokens are deployed. When deploying a pressure plate token, it may be deployed anywhere on the table that is at least Long range from the start line, not touching terrain.
Also, any token must be at least Medium range away from any placed tokens. You can look up your tokens before placing them. The idea is that you will know where your
swords, shields and death head are, but to keep them hidden from the other players for now. Let the mind games begin!

4. Starting with the player that has Pole Position, players take it in turns to deploy a vehicle following the rules for Starting Grid on page 126 of the rulebook

5. Before the player with Pole Position activates the first vehicle, turn all the pressure plate tokens face up. They are now considered turned on.

Pole Position

Every time the player with Pole Position passes a gate the Pole Position marker has to be given to a player of their choice.

The Race

This scenario uses the Passing Gates, Green Light, Go!, Catch Up Mechanic and Respawning rules from the Death Race scenario on page 127 of the rulebook. It makes use of
an alternative weapon activation rule.

Pressure Plates

Weapons are inactive and vehicles may not make weapon attacks until they have passed over a turned on pressure plate of the corresponding type. Gate 1 does not have any effect on weapon activation. Pressure plates are not considered obstacles and vehicles just ignore them and continue to their Final Positions.If a vehicleā€™s movement template or Final Position touches a pressure plate token it triggers and has the following effects:

ā—¸ Sword: Activates all shooting weapons (not dropped weapons) for that vehicle

ā—¸ Shield: Activates all dropped weapons for that vehicle

ā—¸ Death Head: Place a Death Head Trap obstacle in contact with the Final Position of the triggering vehicle. The trap counts as a Heavyweight obstacle equipped with a ram that
causes a collision. This obstacle stays in place for the rest of the game. Remove the death head pressure plate token.
Also, any vehicle that wipes out within medium range of a Death Head and fails the flip check is placed in contact with the Death Head token instead of the usual effects,
triggering it as above.

Sword and Shield tokens turn off when a vehicle activates weapons with it (so a vehicle that already had dropped weapons active wonā€™t turn any Shield tokens off for the
remainder of the game). Place the token face down to avoid confusion when it is turned off. All turned off tokens turn on again at the start of gear phase 1 the following turn.

Race End
As in the Death Race scenario on page 128 this scenario uses the Finish Line, Game End and Runners Up rules.

Audience Votes

This scenario has the following special ways of spending Audience Votes:
ā—¸ Turn it off! (2 Audience Votes) Turn off a Sword or Shield pressure plate token, placing it
face down. The token will turn back on at the beginning of the next turn as usual.
Mike
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Next

Return to Club Night