8th Jun

What's on?

Re: 8th Jun

Postby Dave » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:22 am

Yeah that was tough, I should have tried to heal him when I had the chance but too busy trying to kill stuff!
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby bennyowens » Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:10 pm

Me and Brad ended up playing an Open War mission where he deployed down the centre of the table, with my forces deploying at either end. Winner was whoever killed the entire enemy force, or whoever had a model closest to the centre at the end of the game.

After a turn 1 charge by my Broodlord and Genestealers tied up all 3 of Brad's Custodes units we thought we might be in for a boring game, but my Broodlord forgot to bring his can opener attachment, and most of his attacks just bounced off, meanwhile his Terminators chopped the Genestealers to pieces.
Meanwhile, the gun line I had coming from the other side of the table managed to do a grand total of about 3 wounds all game. The termagants made a heroic last turn charge, hoping to get between Brad's lads and the objective, but it was not to be. However one of the termagants managed to kill a Custodian in close combat which is just the most hilarious thing ever.

Fun game, Custodes are scary!
bennyowens
Lesser Pumpkin

Postby Brad85 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:10 pm

bennyowens wrote:Me and Brad ended up playing an Open War mission where he deployed down the centre of the table, with my forces deploying at either end. Winner was whoever killed the entire enemy force, or whoever had a model closest to the centre at the end of the game.

After a turn 1 charge by my Broodlord and Genestealers tied up all 3 of Brad's Custodes units we thought we might be in for a boring game, but my Broodlord forgot to bring his can opener attachment, and most of his attacks just bounced off, meanwhile his Terminators chopped the Genestealers to pieces.
Meanwhile, the gun line I had coming from the other side of the table managed to do a grand total of about 3 wounds all game. The termagants made a heroic last turn charge, hoping to get between Brad's lads and the objective, but it was not to be. However one of the termagants managed to kill a Custodian in close combat which is just the most hilarious thing ever.

Fun game, Custodes are scary!

They're definitely more effective in melee than shooting though. Tempted to bring in some with the swords (the range stats are pistol 2 on them) for some extra weight of fire if bogged down. But that means having to replicate that paint scheme :?
There were a couple of swings where it looked like the nids would take it, but then my lads spears and axes sorted that out 8-)

Was a fun, unpredictable game!
Brad85
Greater Pumpkinhead

Postby Dave » Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:41 pm

Cool game.

Are the open war cards worth getting?

I thought they had sold out but it seems they are still available.
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Previous

Return to Club Night