Enslaved Nephalim 2
Monster Hunter 6
Monster Hunter 6
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Re: 15th September

Postby bennyowens » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:31 pm

I am still yet to have a game of Dracula's America make it to the end of the eighth turn, where the game ends.

By turn 5 it looked like I was going to wipe out Brad's entire gang, in turn 6 momentum swung back the other way and we both had to take a bottle test, which we both survived by the skin of our teeth. Turn 7 Brad had just his leader standing, but was holding an objective which would have won him the game after turn 8, as I had 2 models left with jammed guns and out of range of objectives, and then we both failed the bottle test and both gangs ran away anyway!

The decisive moment of the game was me deciding to have a cinematic fist fight between our two leaders in the middle of the board, but after charging in I missed everything and Brad's leader killed mine with one well placed punch!

Also, I have now played two games in a row where I had a sniper in the church tower and he has made one successful hit in both games combined and spent most of the time unjamming his gun.
bennyowens
Lesser Pumpkin

Postby Tom » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:32 pm

We finished by 10:30! Very reasonable. Official score is a draw but I’m counting it as a win for Dave as I’m sure he could have got an extra point in instead of a doomed attempt to stop me scoring that was foiled by a forgotten ability I had.
Tom

Postby Tom » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:18 am

After you mentioned Malifaux stock still being limited I had a look around and indeed could only find the Elite box in stock in one place so clearly had to buy it...
Tom

Postby Brad85 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:27 am

bennyowens wrote:I am still yet to have a game of Dracula's America make it to the end of the eighth turn, where the game ends.

By turn 5 it looked like I was going to wipe out Brad's entire gang, in turn 6 momentum swung back the other way and we both had to take a bottle test, which we both survived by the skin of our teeth. Turn 7 Brad had just his leader standing, but was holding an objective which would have won him the game after turn 8, as I had 2 models left with jammed guns and out of range of objectives, and then we both failed the bottle test and both gangs ran away anyway!

The decisive moment of the game was me deciding to have a cinematic fist fight between our two leaders in the middle of the board, but after charging in I missed everything and Brad's leader killed mine with one well placed punch!

Also, I have now played two games in a row where I had a sniper in the church tower and he has made one successful hit in both games combined and spent most of the time unjamming his gun.

That leader was impressive once the rest of his gang was dead/down. It was a lot of fun and the attacks/saves/all tests in general being on a 5+ and modifiers effecting how many dice you roll instead was a nice change.
This will be researched and likely purchased once the remaining marines for 40k and the frostgrave warband are done (so next couple of weeks :lol:)
Brad85
Greater Pumpkinhead

Postby Dave » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:57 am

Tom wrote:After you mentioned Malifaux stock still being limited I had a look around and indeed could only find the Elite box in stock in one place so clearly had to buy it...

You’ve done well to find one, I’ve been looking this morning and whilst Goblin Gaming has some half decent stock levels all of my usual go to online retailers have next to nothing.

Also: “Actions generated by triggers cannot declare triggers” Pg 48. Whoops! I’ll take the draw.
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave

Previous

Return to Club Night